In today’s modern world, candles are no longer the primary source of light when it’s dark. However, their popularity did not diminish through the years. The traditional candle making process has come a long way and is very much different from what it used to be back in the days. Lighting a fire has always been symbolic from a spiritual point of view. It has in may ways kept alive the human spirit to stay positive. It’s already 2013, let’s take a journey towards an eternal bliss…
A Brief History…
The ingredients utilized for making candles were extracted from the natural resources in a particular area. For instance, whale fat was used as wax by the Chinese while yak butter was used by Tibetans. In India, the wax substance was derived from boiled cinnamon and tree nuts were utilized by the Japanese as candle wax.
It was only during the middle ages when people started using tallow from cows and sheep to make them. But such material created a foul and strong smell. Because of this, tallow based manufacturing was banned in some cities through ordinances.
Candelas that we know today are made from beeswax, soybean, palm, or paraffin wax. By the way, the manufacturing process is no longer smelly and DIY enthusiasts make them in the comfort of their home.
Different Varieties & Growing Trends
There are several candelas in the market, and these include the following:
- Self standing and solid types are called pillar candles. They have heat resistant stands or bases, and available in many shapes or designs.
- Dinner or taper candles are six to eighteen inches tall (3/4 to an inch in diameter). To ensure safe burning and maintain the upright position, you have to use the right candle holder.
- The rubbery and transparent types are called gel based. These are made from synthetic hydrocarbons or mineral oils in gel form. Oftentimes, they are sold in separate containers, but you can also find ones that are able to support or retain their shape without any holders.
- Floating candles, as the name suggests, float on water and have stable or low profiles. The designs can be realistic, elaborate, or simple to give consumers choices.
- Filled or container lamps are furnished in heat resistant and non-flammable containers (flameless) with wick and wax. Ceramic pottery or glass jars are the most common.
- For decorative purposes, specialty molds and artistic sculptures are available in 3D shapes which are made by hand or molded.
- Votive jars are cylindrical or square in shape (around 2.5 inches high). These are burned in a small glass and heat resistant containers to ensure that it will burn safely even if the was liquefies.
- The ones in metal jars are called tea-light candles. They are about ¾ inch high and 1.5 inches in diameter.
- For the outdoors, you will love the luminaria candles. Don’t forget to fill containers with sand to burn them safely.
It doesn’t matter if you are a men or a women; there is always something for everyone! Now that you know the different types of beautiful candles, you can buy them with confidence. Try shopping around for huge discount deals, or wholesale pricing.
Best Scented Candle Brands
Popular for their fragrance, they are typically placed in bedrooms, living areas and other places where you want to change a room’s ambiance. It’s usually part of the overall décor; while also inexpensive and easy to find.
Seductively French is a top-rated brand for good smelling candles, exquisite body lotion, aromatic massage oils, and other beauty products. For a rich user experience, they believe in using only natural ingredients (natural soy and paraffin waxes). As compared to other brands, all their products are hand poured with rich fragrances without any additives or preservatives. The long lasting fragrance will indulge your mind and senses like an instant therapy. Get them at a very cheap & affordable price.
Discover the best candles for sale online that are highly scented with diverse fragrances:-
Various Scented Candles
|Learn more here - CireTrudon Paris Cameo Candle||These candles are said to be the ‘Rolls Royce’ of candles! They would probably appeal the most to candle-lovers and naturalists because they are made by the oldest French candle manufacturer and are produced from the very highest-quality vegetable wax.||10oz|
|Learn more here - Glacage de Mures||Blackberry Glaze - Rediscover yourself with the rich smell of sweet berries.||8oz. (Black Glass)|
|Mesa Rain- Read Our Review Right Here||This candle, also known as ‘Formula Number 1’, is formulated to emulate the smell of the air after a rainstorm. It contains hints of frankincense, as well as cedar and vetiver. It would likely be appreciated by anyone who loves natural-smelling aromatic candles.||10oz|
|Discover Chambord Information||French Raspberry Liqueur (Lavender color) - A true french essence with a mix of raspberries, citrus, honey, and vanilla. Simply wonderful...||8oz.|
Enchanting & Amazing Aromas
Did you know that candles have different uses? Regardless of the season, you can use them to create a cozy and warm atmosphere at home. When waking up in the morning, glowing a candle with scents like grapefruit, lemon, and lime will boost your energy level.
In the afternoon, glow a spiced scent or vanilla flavor to create a relaxing and calming atmosphere after a tiring day at work. You can even arrange them inside the bathroom to help you enjoy a hot bath before going to bed. If you find it hard to sleep, then light up scented candles while listening to your favorite soothing music. For the spiritually inclined, it will set an ideal mood for meditation.
Votive Candles for Home
Before, they were primarily used in churches. However from a cultural standpoint, things have drastically changed in the recent years. Modern houses use them to compliment a room’s design. On top of it, there are many colors to choose from, easily find the perfect match with the overall décor.
Because of their small size, everyone can enjoy the following benefits:
- Inexpensive way of enjoying natural fragrances
- Great for party decorations or party favors
In order to experience a lavish aroma, you will need to burn it in a special cup. Once the fragrance oils are warmed by the melted wax, that’s when you will get the most out of it.
Among the popular perfumes/scents for votive candles include apple, cinnamon, mulberry, citrus sage, peach, pumpkin, vanilla, strawberry, hot fudge, blueberry, chocolate mint, coffee, maple, tangerine, and cranberry.
There are herbal scents like bayberry, eucalyptus, myrrh, patchouli, sandalwood, rosemary, cedar, cannabis, and ylang ylang. Floral scents are available in lavender, lilac, Victorian rose, and jasmine.
As you can realize now, luxury candlesticks are still highly in-demand today. Although they are not useful as a primary light source, today we have found other means of using this wonderful creation. You can buy them locally or through an online store, or make a decent one at home.
With the several uses and benefits, now is the perfect time to set yourself up with a romantic candlelight dinner! Romance is definitely in the air!